Dr. Parker's Curriculum Vitae
Birthplace: Pryor, OK. January 1, 1943
High School: Graduated June 1960, Arroyo HS, El Monte, CA
Military Service: USAF Dental Corps 1960-1964
- Associate of Arts degree - Pasadena City College 1966
- Bachelor of Science - Oregon State University 1968
- University of Oregon Dental School 1971.
Honors and Positions:
- Clinical Instructor, Crown and Bridge Department, UODS 1971 -75.
- Co-director of UODS satellite clinic for indigent people 1973 -75.
- Private dental practice 1971 -1978.
- Chief of Dental Services and TMJ clinic, Plaza Santa Maria General Hospital, Baja California, Mexico 1979 - 1980.
- Private practice 1981 -1998 with emphasis upon temperomandibular joint dysfunction.
- Practice limited to the diagnosis and treatment of Temperomandibular Joint Dysfunction 1998 - Present
- Leader of NW Neuromuscular Study Group
- Fellow of the International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
Lectures and clinics:
- Table clinic, "Bite Registration Techniques" 1971 Oregon State Dental Convention
- Table Clinic, "Dental Nutritional Screening Test" 1978 Oregon State Dental Convention.
- Limited Attendance Clinic and Lecture," Nutrition and Dentistry", 1979 Oregon State Dental Convention.
- Lecture, "TMD and the Edentulous Patient.", Canadian National Denturist Association, 2000 Ottawa Canada.
Lectures and presentations on temperomandibular joint dysfunction:
- Multnomah Dental Study Club, Greater Columbia Dental Study Club, East Portland TMJ Study Club, Deschutes County Dental Society, Osteopathic Cranial Study Group, Cervical-Craniomandibular
- Study Group, National College of Naturopathic Medicine, and the Chiropractic Radiology Group.
- Ottawa Dental Society, Ottawa Canada.
- The American Orthodontic Society
- The Cranial Academy
- American Academy of CranioFacial Pain
- International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
- Academy of General Dentistry